|Features of good practice
||Recommendations for action
The team has identified the following good practice for dissemination:
- the annual course review process provides an important component of the College's quality assurance framework and ensures efficient oversight at all management levels
- the close working relationship with the University of Bedfordshire makes an important contribution to assuring academic standards and enhances the quality of learning opportunities
- staff involvement in the course standardisation process undertaken at moderation meetings delivered by a consortium of Colleges accredited by the University of Bedfordshire promotes rigorous assessment practices and facilitates the sharing of good practice
- the provision of a range of opportunities for students to comment on their College experiences, and the College's prompt response to these comments, is highly valued by students and is a valuable source of feedback to staff
- the College's strong links with employers enhance student learning opportunities and employability, commendably including the additional industry qualifications as part of course provision.
The team considers that it would be advisable for the College to:
- encourage the full participation of student representatives at course team meetings, and provide access to minutes, while maintaining confidentiality where required
- liaise with the awarding bodies to ensure that external examiner reports, and the responses to them, are made available to students.
The team considers that it would be desirable for the College to:
- continue the process of embedding the Academic Infrastructure in higher education policy, practice and documentation
- review the provision of dedicated study and common room space for higher education students to enhance their learning opportunities
- ensure consistency in the terminology of course specifications and clarify their link to the Academic Infrastructure
- give consistent information to employers that draws on the good practice of some courses.